The Swift Driving School has been in operation since 1983 and recognised as the leading trainer of heavy duty drivers in the country, open to both individuals and corporates.
Certificates are given for the following courses:
- Defensive Driving Course Modified - Truck
- Defensive Driving Course Modified - Bus
- Defensive Driving Course Modified Refresher Course Truck/Bus
- Familiarisation / Conversion Course
- Defensive Driving Course Theory
- HAZCHEM Training
- DOVER Assessment Test
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The DOVER test explores a multitude of fundamental practical skills including eye-hand-foot-co-ordination; auditory discrimination; visual perception, speed/direction estimation of moving objects and decision-making.
The driving school has a comprehensive and complete range of driving courses available. The courses include both practical training and theoretical work.
To protect Unifreight driving school staff and candidates, all participants in driving school courses and lessons will be required from Monday 23rd august to produce proof of vaccination or a weekly PCR certificate.
Courses available, duration and cost: Please note that prices are subject to change at short notice.
a. 1 pupil
b. 2 - 5 pupils
c. > 5 pupils
$3,600 per person
$2,400 per person
|DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE MODIFIED (TRUCK TRAINING)||$110,000|
|DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE MODIFIED (BUS TRAINING)||$110,000|
|DRIVING LESSONS TRUCK||$2,400 per lesson||per lesson|
|DRIVING LESSONS BUS||$3,600 per lesson||per lesson|
|TRUCK HIRE V.I.D||$7,200|
|BUS HIRE V.I.D||$7,200|
|FORKLIFT TRUCK TRAINING||$54,000|
|FAMILIARISATION / CONVERSION COURSE||$26,400|
|ASSESSMENT/PRE-EMPLOYMENT (INCL. DOVER TEST)||$12,000|
|ISSUE OF DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE||$1,400|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you have to have a driving licence and what level/grade must it be? Yes, a class two driving licence, and if more than 5 years old, a retest is needed.
2. A class 4 licence is required for class 2 lessons.
3. What is the age requirement? - 20 years and above, (minimum 25 years to drive a PSV).
4. What vehicles do you train drivers on? - We train all candidates on loaded interlink trailers.
5. How do individuals apply to attend a course? - Book at the school or phone contact number.
6. Due to the volume of candidates who apply the number is limited to 16 at any one time.
7. How do corporates apply to attend a course? - Companies request in writing through hard or soft copy to the training school. (First priority is given to corporates).
8. How are payments made? - Cash, e-transfer, Ecocash, swipe or RTGS made out to UNIFREIGHT AFRICA LIMITED, a/c: 161031012299, branch: Southerton before the course starts. Other relevant information is available on request, (other arrangements can be made for corporate).
If a candidate’s circumstances change so that he or she cannot attend a course and requires a refund, a processing fee of 10% will be charged on the amount paid. If a candidate still wishes to attend the course, the candidate will be required to pay any fee increase that may have occurred between the initial booking date and the date that the course is taken. If the training school fails to render the service paid for due to circumstances beyond its control, a refund will be given in full.